Terra Quest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terra Quest

Information and Rules

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How does a turn progress?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

How does a turn progress? Empty
PostSubject: How does a turn progress?   How does a turn progress? EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 10:14 pm

The turn doesn't actually begin until combat starts. Most of which is just free actions and role playing with one another.

First off, When Combat begins everyone will test AG. the losers go last, and attack last.

AG test winners get to move, attack, free action or standard action.

So you only get to move, or attack?
No, Let me explain. Moving less than half your movement points allows you to still get an attack or standard action.

What is a Standard action?
Doing something in combat that isn't fighting. drinking a potion, Eating a sandwich,..Whatever you want.

So you can do this to make it easy:

Either, Move half movement points quality and attack.
or
Drink a potion and move away from combat at half movement.
or, Drink a potion and attack,...Or drink two potions.

They're are many options for fighting.

Melee, Ballistic/ thrown, Magic and so on.

Basically, The winner of the previously mentioned AG test. now can move and strike first, then the loser's party gets to move and attack.

Combat ends when all enemies are dead or ran away.

How many attacks do I have?

Well on your character sheet you'll see a number beside ATT (Attack. The number is your attack chances you have. Example, ATT: 2, you can attack twice per turn on your turn. Also player may complete a standard action and still attack once.

How does Damage work?

It works like so, Let's say I'm attacked for 7 points of Damage to my Body.

My characters Toughness Bonus is 2, And my Character is wearing a Light Leather vest, 2 Armor. So, 2 + 2= 4.

Now this number that you get from your Toughness and Armor is your damage resistance. 4 - 7= 3.

3 Wounds are subtracted from your current wounds.

What Happens when I reach zero wounds?

Your character begins bleeding out. When bleeding out you're helpless, Your character is now prone to killing blows.

Will your wounds ever drop below zero?
No, Once you reach Zero you can't go negative. You just begin Bleeding out and now prone to killing blow.

Bleeding out? How does that work?

Well, I hope you'd be healed via drinking a potion or Spell. Bleeding out is very serious. This means you're close to death, and not much more than a bloody mess on the floor. Can't attack, Can't move.

What happens if I'm not cured?
Unfortunately you'll die. Thanks for playing! =D

Whoa, Whoa, Could have I stopped the attack that killed me?
Yeah, With a skill like Dodge blow or Parry, you can block attack with successful Weapon Skill test. However, You must have the talent to use it.

Back to top Go down
https://terraquest.board-directory.net

How does a turn progress?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Terra Quest :: Class :: Rules-
Jump to: